Monday, July 19, 2010

I'm going to talk about my cat today.

Augh, I'm sorry guys. I have not been doing a whole lot of nerding lately. I need to write posts about Despicable Me and those Kung Zhu battle hamster things and about my Araragi cosplay. But shit has just been so ridiculous for me lately that I just haven't had it in me to do so.

See, for the past several weeks my princess, my baby, my sweet little girl has been having some crazy issues. Now I want to make it clear that I'm talking about my cat before I get into any more detail...



Her name is Silver. She is 10 years old. She has been with me for all but the first two weeks of those ten years. I love this cat as if she were my child, since aside from the whole "giving birth to her" part she might as well be.



Our old vet (as in we went to him until this mess started) was clearly a retard who can't spay a cat properly. Apparently from her spay (which was 10 years ago) some ovarian tissue was left behind, and all of a sudden it's causing her to act like she's in heat.

We've been giving her medicine to lessen the symptoms and make her more comfortable. She was originally scheduled for surgery weeks ago, but my mom canceled it since Silver seemed to be doing better. then it all started up again and we rescheduled. then last week when I was in NYC, mom canceled it again behind my back, again because silver stopped showing symptoms. The same night, it started up again.

So I gave mom the business when I got home last Thursday, and Silver goes in for her surgery tomorrow. McLovin is taking me to pick her up when he gets off of work. So, hopefully, by this time tomorrow my life will be back to normal and I can bore you all to death with my usual nerdy ramblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment