Tuesday, February 2, 2010

More Things That Will One Day Line My Shelves

As I mentioned last time, my friend AnthonyMclovin is a pretty big toy nerd. He has a bad habit of dropping things in my path that I either don't care about or would rather not see. But he also knows what I like, and if he sees something that I'd be interested in, he's always quick to bring it to my attention. Because of this, I tolerate everything else.

This morning he passed the following along to me...


Click here for a slightly larger version of this image.


...and I just about died. He has been listening to me complain for AGES that I wanted someone to make an Anti-Spiral Nia figure. (Not to mention just some older Nia figures in general.) And here she is. I want both of those Nias, since they both look gorgeous.

I'm not that interested in the Yokos (since my interest in Yoko herself is nil) but I'd probably buy them all as a set and just leave her standing around the back of the collection. but Id would display Simon and Kamina reenacting the end of Simon's anti-spiral dream for all time. Because the fact that they've enabled that is FANTASTIC.

He's also told me there's supposed to be a second wave of figures featuring villains and minor characters. My mind instantly jumped to one person -- Adiane the Elegant. If this came to pass, I'd probably die of joy. Adiane is probably my favorite female character in the series (only barely surpassing Nia) and the idea of any merchandise at all of her sets my heart a flutter.

These aren't coming out until May, but preorders are open. As soon as I drop some money in the bank i'm taking a swing at them.

I also just now purchased this handsome fellow for my collection:



I saw this ages ago and never thought I'd have the chance to buy him, but I spotted him on eBay and knew I'd regret it if I didn't jump at the chance. So expect a post featuring his exploits in the future.

There are actually, finally, quite a few Nia figures out these days, and I eventually plan to start gathering them up for my shelves. Though the rest of the cast is still dwarfed by the sheer volume of Yoko available. I shouldn't be surprised since Yoko exists entirely for fan service, but I wish we had more figures of everyone else instead of a couple dozen of her showing off her boobs.

But oh well. No one's making me buy them, so I'll just glare angrily at them in the stores I go to and then come home and enjoy the figures I've bought.

Expect a post about Lagann-hen soon, guys! I need to rewatch it and take notes and screencaps so I can write a decent post! But I have watched it through once and can say that it was SPECTACULAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment