Thursday, August 6, 2009

So as it turns out, I'm madly in love with a sword.

I'm here today, continuing my coverage of the Zanpakuto filler arc of the Bleach anime. I'm gonna kick this off with yet another comparison shot because I forgot to cover this last week.


We already learned in Magic Knight Rayearth that Debonair is a GREAT mommy.

Am I the only one who thinks Muramasa is the bastard son of Debonair from "Magic Knight Rayearth"? The white skin, the color scheme, the obscenely long fingernails? How the hell does this guy even hold a sword?! and so far he's done next to nothing except for blathering on and on about how Shinigami suck. He is either the worst, or the greatest villain ever. I think it's too early to tell.

This week was mostly a "Let's recap what we know and remind you all that this shit is bad news." episode. Also there were a lot of things in this episode that really didn't make sense to me.

But the first five minutes of this episode were just a dream~ to watch. As it turns out, I am apparently madly in love with Sode no Shirayuki. Rukia pretty much falls out of the sky in Karakura and Ichigo finds her, trying to figure out why she's hurt. and then Sode no Shirayuki turns up.


Don't be fooled by the pretty face. She will wreck your shit.

Ichigo quickly decides she's not a hollow, but still has no idea who she is. This was the first thing that made no sense to me. Sode no Shirayuki should, in theory, have the exact same reiatsu as Rukia. I know Ichigo isn't exactly the brightest crayon in the box, but he should be able to at least be able to figure out she has the same Reiatsu as Rukia. And once she starts using Rukia's abilities, maybe you'd think something would click?


Sode no Shirayuki using her second ability, Hakuren.

Another thing that bothered me was the opposite. Sode no Shirayuki not recognizing Ichigo. After all, Rukia's power was transfered too Ichigo via Shirayuki. But when they fought, she was curious to who he was, and then figured out as they fought that he was "the substitute shinigami". She did some adorable blowing snow in his face thing, and then just sort of got bored and left.

Again, because of her connection to Ichigo, you'd think Sode no Shirayuki (who I assume is far more intelligent than Ichigo), would recognize him immediately and, due to context, probably react like "OH. YOU'RER THAT GUY WHO TOOK ALL MY POWER THAT ONE TIME. 8D HAVE SOME STABBINGS!". I also feel this might have made a little bit more sense, than her just randomly fighting. But the fact that Shirayuki is even acting against Rukia at all has me a bit perplexed.


There's a reason she's got the title of the "Most Beautiful Zanpakuto In Soul Society".

Ichigo then took her back to Urahara's and got everyone together to fix up Rukia and figure out the situation. Rukia wakes up and explains what's going on and we flash back to some more of the fighting between the zanpkauto and their masters. This whole segment just made me want to slap the shinigami.

You have all just lost your main source of power. But go right ahead and attack said source of power with your useless swords and no plan at all. That truly is the most brilliant of ideas.

No wonder you are getting your asses kicked. Geez. And these are supposed to be Captains and Lieutenants. You would think after everything that they have dealt with they would not make such stupid mistakes. Though Iw as really hoping to see Hianeko attack Rangiku so there could be some more sassy banter.


I think she was hoping it would be more of a challenge.

The worst off, supposedly, is Byakuya, who disappeared while fighting off Senbonzakura so that Rukia and Renji could escape. By all logic, he should be dead, but we all know that's not true because this is Bleach and the only one who ever really dies is Ulquiorra.

When Rukia finds out that Byakuya is the only one who wasn't found and taken care of, she apparently runs off when no one is looking to go back to Soul Society and find him. Everyone gets concerned and Ichigo and Yoruichi decide to head to Soul Society to find her.

All I'm really sure of is that I am heavily anticipating next week so I can find out the context behind Sode no Shirayuki making this face that she made in the preview:


Oh shit. We are all going to die.

So when 232 is fansubbed and available, I suppose I'll be continuing my coverage. Until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment